International Online High School
Currently, we are accepting applications for grades 6-12.
Currently Legacy IOHS offers classes in core subject areas including mathematics, science, social studies, and English/Language Arts as well as classes in Arabic and Islamic studies. For the 2020-21 school year, we intend to offer Qur’an / Hifz and may add a variety of other electives in the future, including Spanish, Islamic Art, coding, and more, insha’Allah.
Legacy has partnered with Define360 and the Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Making Caring Common project. These partnerships will provide our faculty and students with research-based strategies and curricula to build SEL capacity -from empathy to compassion and beyond. These SEL strategies will be integrated into the learning program across subject areas and students will also have explicit direct instruction sessions focusing on SEL awareness.
Students attend live classes through our online technology platform. Students will have the opportunity to interact face-to-face with teachers and classmates in real-time.
Each subject has live instruction 2-3 days per week; each class is 1-1.5 hours in duration.
Each year, Legacy IOHS sets its class times in consultation with enrolled families. Click here for a sample schedule.
Legacy IOHS is committed to maintaining small class sizes to enable interactive and engaging class discussions; most classes will have 10-15 students, on average.
Our online platform facilitates a unique classroom experience which includes engaging interaction between students, teachers, and classmates. Students may be asked to participate in and lead class discussions, make presentations, and engage in breakout sessions with classroom peers. Click here to see a typical Legacy classroom.
Students must have their camera “on” and be actively participating in class discussions. The Legacy student handbook outlines student expectations and appropriate consequences for tardiness, inactivity, and/or absence.
Our expert instructors draw from a wide range of resources for student readings and instruction. Our students utilize both physical textbooks and online materials.
Under our flagship program, Legacy IOHS students may choose full-time, part-time, or single course enrollment.
For the 2020-21 school year, students entering grades 6-12 are welcome to apply.
- Highly qualified instructors who teach using principles of Islamic pedagogy
- A holistic curriculum that targets the spiritual, cognitive, social, and emotional development of students
- All course content designed to build the Qur’anic worldview for students and inspire students to be proud of their Islamic identity
- An authentic secondary Islamic education without compromising on instructional quality
- Flexible learning options for students anywhere in the world
In February 2020, Legacy IOHS achieved the status of “Candidate for Accreditation” with COGNIA (formerly AdvancEd), the largest accrediting body in the world, Alhamdulillah. Legacy IOHS expects to be fully accredited during the 2020-21 school year, insha’Allah.
- 4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent)
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- Webcam required
- 83 GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- Webcam required
In addition a minimum bandwidth of 512 Kbps is required.
Invest in a good quality headset to get optimum volume levels while engaging in our learning platform. Don’t use a speakerphone or devices that can degrade the capture and rendering of your voice.